Travel trailers are the most approved type of non-motorized RV that you might have seen pulled down to the highway or maybe hitched to a car or pickup.
The travel trailers come in all shapes and sizes and are convenient for an easy setup. Although you will have some solid walls and locking doors for security, you will still have to take an RV roof cover. However, you will have a lot of choices tailored to fit your purpose.
They are very commonly used, and you will come to know the reason why you should cover your RV or travel trailer.
1. Sun Damage
You might install your travel trailer, but there are many chances of getting damaged by the sun and other natural sources. While the surface is constantly exposed to sunlight, there are a lot of possibilities of getting damaged. While you use a cover during winter, it would help your RV stay in a much better position. You choose the cover material to be polypropylene or polyester, or even polythene. The material should be highly durable to resist the entry of sunlight or the harmful effect of UV rays.
2. Moisture Potential
Since the RV or trailers are constructed with a lot of wood, they could be affected by the moisture content of the atmosphere. Mold is a common occurrence in the environment, and the mold spores in the air would be able to increase issues like asthma, allergies, and maybe any other respiratory problems. Most of us can survive comfortably where the moisture content is between (30-55) %. You can control the measure of the damage caused by the moisture. Start checking with the gaskets around the windows, and you will make sure that everything looks good. Getting an RV roof cover is mandatory
3. Snow Damage
Whenever there is heavy snow, it weighs down the roof, and the moisture weighs down the roof and makes its way to the crevices. The freezing temperature may cause the crevices to increase and form deeper cracks. When left untreated, the damage can cause mold or maybe rust. You can apply sealant along the seams. The best solution could be to buy an RV roof cover.
4. Window Seals
The window seals help to maintain the warm wind inside and prevent the cold from coming from the outside. If you have gaps in your window, then there might be chances of having a crack. To prevent such cracks, either you can apply a window seal or maybe an RV cover. Having a cover in place would help the window seal to be in place and save it from getting cracked or damaged. Shrinking of window seals is a common occurrence due to temperature, sunlight, improper installation, and normal wear and tear.
Finding an appropriate cover for your RV can protect you from unnecessary wear and tear. The UV rays of the sun can effectively damage/fade the paint inside. Hence, it’s essential that you get a quality cover for your RV.
How To Install an RV Cover?
All you need is the RV cover, a step ladder, a stick, and a rope. The best way of getting an RV cover done without getting to the roof is that you can follow some important steps.
- You will have to lay the RV cover out on the ground and then stretch it fully. You will require a larger area for it, especially near the RV.
- You can fold the sides from it. You can fold the stretched-out cover into a third. After starting from the side of the cover, which is almost a third, you may fold the other side that is on top of it.
- You can fold over the sides once again like the thirds. Then you can fold the other side of it also.
- You will have to roll the RV cover with the stick inside. Attach the rope to the stick before you perform this step. Place the stick down on one side of the cloth and then roll from one side. Keep the stick in the middle of the cloth, and then you can roll it up.
- You can prop the step ladder to one end of the RV and then carry the other end of the roll-up cover to the roof. You must climb high enough to the ladder and place the cover on the roof.
- You must unroll the cover to the middle of the roof. Move your step ladder to the other side of the RV and then climb the way partly.
- The next time will be uncovering the RV. Once you unroll the cover, you can begin unfolding it. You can unfold the cover at the first end and start working on each side.
- You will secure the RV cover now. Some will cover the zip down the line, while others will have long belly straps. Since the cover is different, you can check the owner’s manual for securing the RV cover.
Apart from knowing some great steps to install the RV roof cover, you must know how to remove it without even getting on the roof. But removing the RV cover seems to be easier than fastening it.
A stick with the hook on one end could be useful if the cover gets stuck on any protrusion on the roof. To keep the RV cover from ripping during installation or when the cover flaps in the wind, you can always cover those sharp edges.
Keep following tutorial videos or maybe follow some DIY sites and fully know how to install the RV cover. In case you are looking for such a product, hover over some similar sites and try getting knowledge on the product and pricing, mainly.
Get the best product after you have accomplished your research online. First, ensure you know the product’s details, like the dimension, quality, and even the ways to install it successfully.
0 thoughts on “4 Reasons Why You Should Cover Your RV Or Travel Trailer”
Really appreciate you sharing this post.Much thanks again. Great.